Intego has been dedicated to protecting Mac and Windows products since 1997, and we are positioned as leaders in the growing Internet security software market. We offer a broad range of products designed to help macOS and Windows users stay safe in all aspects of their online life; including our award-winning antivirus and firewall software, and other supporting products and services.
Intego is looking to hire a dynamic Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Apple technology and excited about the opportunities afforded by the rapid, increasing adoption of Apple products and services.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing telephone, live chat, and email support for our entire line of macOS and Windows security and privacy products.
*Location Notice: Austin, Texas - While this position is primarily remote, there is a mix of some in-office days, so the candidate must be located within working distance of Downtown Austin.
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot, recreate, and resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 level issues related to Intego products
- Document and review solutions to common questions and problems
- Update the ticket tracking system to provide accurate and current status of support issues
- Create knowledge base articles regularly to expand self-help tools for customers and internal users
- Escalate issues to the appropriate team
- Interface with software engineers
- Suggest and implement improvements to workflow, tools, and general policies to improve the quality and efficiency
- Experience supporting macOS platforms is required; Windows a plus
- Minimum of 2 years in a technical support or customer support role or higher
- Saas experience a plus
- Experience with Zendesk and JIRA a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with an international team and non-US customers
- Ability to prioritize issues or tasks based on severity and urgency
- Exceptional customer service skills, including strong written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Education & Languages:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or similar field preferred
- Fluency in foreign languages (French, German or Spanish) is a plus
What we offer:
- A fun, relaxed, and primarily REMOTE work environment
- Comprehensive Health Care Package
- Flexible PTO Program with Company Holidays
- The chance to be part of an awesome, fun, high-performing team
- Support in adapting to the privacy and security industry